Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tomorrow is Gotcha Day!!!

I can't begin to describe the emotions in my own heart about tomorrow. I just keep getting overwhelmed with gratitude and amazement that our great Father is letting us adopt a son tomorrow. It kind of blows my mind!!

Our whole group will be getting their babies tomorrow, so as you can imagine, all of us moms (dad and siblings too) are full of anticipation, and emotion. We've made some great friends already. It will be amazing to meet back up with all of them in about 5 days to have a show-and-tell with all of our new sweethearts!

We'll be leaving our hotel at 5:30 am for the airport. Our flight is about an hour long, and we've been told that we will be going directly to the Civil Affairs office to get Joshua. So, by about 8 or 9 pm on Sunday night for you guys we'll be getting our precious boy.

We hope to have a lot more free time, and plan to post more pictures as soon as we get our boy. Please be praying for us, especially for Joshua!

Love you all!
Lesli

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been reading every day and are thinking about you all very much! We are so excited for you guys!

Erika said...

L - I've been keeping up with your story via this blog...I will be thinking of you tonight as you get your little boy!! Thanks for the pictures and stories.
E.Sapp

Rachel said...

I can HARDLY wait! I am so anxious for you! It is like Christmas morning! God is so good! A little girl from China was sitting with her parents this morning at church. They were here visiting from out of state. It was so fun to talk to them. They said their girls adapted VERY quickly to life with them. I pray the same will be for little Joshua! His picture is so cute. I bet you can hardly wait to give him a squeeze. I wish I was there holding that video camera for you! Love you tons and tons!

Julie said...

I'm so glad you did the math and told us what time. As we tuck our kiddos into bed, we will tell them of their new friend to be!

Linda said...

No comments from Grandma. She is just sitting by the Skype and WAITING.......................

Jana said...

Oh, I just got the chills! As I read this I looked down at my computer clock and it said 8:55 pm (PST). So I am guessing we have a new nephew!!! Give him a big hug and kiss from us! We love you guys! I am praying for an instant bond between you guys and Joshua, that he won't be afraid!
Praying for your energy and health (backs) also!