Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Day 4: Shenyang
Today Rusty and I plan to make the hour trek by taxi to try to find the location where Joshua was abandoned. Shenyang is a city of 8 million people, so we'll be going on some clues. This is a pretty important trip for us today. First, because we feel it's important to his story to have pictures. He was abandoned on a sand pile at a construction site, so we're expecting to take a picture of whatever they were building at the time. Most importantly though, we are on a mission to discover some very important information about his abandonment and rescue. Before we left for China, my mom "happened" to discover an article from the China Daily on Google about a baby boy with bilateral cleft lip abandoned in Shenyang and taken to a local police station. The article has 3 amazing color photos of him only days old. We're asking Father to confirm whether or not this is part of his story. As you can imagine, those pictures and article are priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We'll be praying that you find the confirmation you seek. What a special journey for you to take with Joshua. I'm praying even as I type, and Ryan's waiting behind me to Google the article as soon as I'm done! Holly said prayers tonight for Hudson and Hannah and "sweet, precious little baby Joshua." We love you.
Hello,
The article can be googled with just : Shenyang and Children's institute. That's what I Googled when just seeking informtion about the home. The title is: "Abandoned Baby Boy With Cleft Palate Saved" It was quite bizarre I found it. It says the boy was abandoned two days from when Joshua's record abandonment states. There ARE a couple discrepancies: Two days difference in date of rescue; article states: "under a bridge" and estimated age of baby is one month. However, the photos look like the original rescue photo's baby. Both boys had bilateral clefts, same city within two days of each other. We know reports and records are not always acurate. You will see the pictures are quite amazing!
Post a Comment