My sweet baby boy turns two tomorrow. He's your baby boy too. I thought about you today. What will tomorrow be like for you? Will you think about the son you gave birth to just 24 months ago? Will you wonder where he is? Will you cry?
I have many questions about who you are, but I mostly have compassion. I wonder if you carried our son with anticipation and excitement, feeling him move and kick, counting the days until you could deliver him. Was your labor hard? Did it break your heart to have your firstborn finally in your arms only to realize that the extent of his facial deformity was beyond your ability to give him the help he needed because you were poor? Did it tear your heart out to relinquish him?
Or maybe he wasn't your firstborn. Maybe you knew all along that you would not be able to raise the child you were carrying, but you chose to give him birth instead of end his life.
I'll never know the answers to these questions, but I want you to know that I'm grateful that you gave life to Joshua. He is an amazing little guy, so affectionate, loving, active and smart. I hope somehow you know that he is loved deeply by his family. I pray that somehow you will someday know the One who created you, that you will find life through his Son and that one day in heaven you will see Joshua again.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Joshua!
Happy Birthday Joshua!! We miss you!!
What a nice letter you have written I am filled with tears as I read your entry with many of the same questions and curiousities in my heart. So many questions that we will never know but have been blessed by the families who had to give up their children for an unknown reason. I praise the lord daily for our kids and the adventure we had in China!
We miss you guys!
The Caro's
Happy Birthday Joshua! You are a blessing!
The Scott family
Happy Birthday to Joshua!
We enjoyed the video and "seeing" ya'll again. Hope all is well with your family.
If you're ever in NC, stop by our way.
The Davison's
What a precious letter!
Happy birthday to Joshua ("WHET-eh-wuh" as Kaylee says.)
Post a Comment