I just happened to notice the date today and realized that we've had Joshua for two months now!!!
I'm astounded by the way that our hearts have fallen so deeply in love with him. I knew I would and could love him, but I didn't know it would happen so quickly and go so deeply. Flesh, blood and genetics really mean nothing to a mom!!
Joshua is a pretty amazing little guy. We think he's one sharp fortune cookie! It appears that he is comprehending almost all that we say to him. He's not saying very much (except Mama and bye bye.... which when you get down to it what else do you really need to say in this life?) He has learned about six signs. This week he started his speech therapy. His therapist will be coming to our home once a week.
Rusty was gone on business for about four days. He called on his way home tonight and I asked Hud if he wanted to talk to Daddy. Joshua heard me say this and ran over to me. He started grunting loudly, pointing to the phone and doing the sign for please. I asked him if he wanted to talk to Daddy too, and he shook his head yes and grinned really big. When he got on the phone, he grunted a few things, listened to Rusty then said, "Bye Bye."
We think he is going to grow up and be a dentist some day. He brushes his teeth about 6 times a day.
He's also a little climber. I have to be careful about what I put on my kitchen table.
Last weekend we had his adoption ceremony and birthday celebration. It was really special and so much fun! I will post pictures as soon as I get them.
Hud and Han have been adjusting really well, and seem to have settled into our new norm. I have them on a daily schedule now that has given them some predictability to their day and some security that they will still get their needs met (like reading and play time with me). Han is my rule lover, schedule follower. She's always wanting to know what is next on the schedule. The other day she said, "Mom, when I am old enough to get my license Hud and I can just drive over to Chuckie Cheese's during our "free play time" on the schedule." (She informed me that Chuckie Cheese's is where a kid can be a kid. I asked her where a mom can be a mom and she said at small group!)
Life is settling down for me too! I'm not feeling like I'm going insane by 3pm. I'm still trying to learn how to juggle it all, while living a dependent life on the Father. That's a really tight rope to walk! (Sounding like a circus, huh!)
Rusty and I celebrate our tenth anniversary this week. Please pray that we can carve out some quality time together to celebrate. Our anticipated trip to some place tropical for a second honeymoon turned out to be an amazing adventure to China this summer! Not so romantic, but incredible, life-changing and we're keeping our little souvenir forever!!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad Joshua is settling in and everyone is adjusted so well. And you're right, DNA is horribly overrated! :) Love seeing pictures of him in your home rather than a picture of him while you were visiting Jana in CA.
Incidentally, Caroline was born in China on our 10th anniversary and we spent our 11th anniversary on the Great Wall (brrr!) and 2 days later welcomed Caroline into our arms!
Teresa
I'm still trying to figure out how not be insane by 3pm! haha Glad you are getting settled. We love ya.
Brienna
Post a Comment