I don't want to paint the picture that all is roses around here. The kids are all having their own adjustment issues. Hannah is more fussy, Hudson is a bit antagonistic and Joshua is quite needy. I'm not getting a lot of sleep at night, and Rusty starts a very difficult class on Tuesday. Bible study group members have been put on the back burner, and thank you notes need to be written. Not to mention that I haven't opened my mail for a long time. I had a few quite moments, so I checked the blog of a friend who traveled with us to get her daughter. She lamented about school starting, and how things were such a mess at home... how the business of life was difficult. Here was my comment....
Boy how I can relate!! Even though I didn't send anyone off to school today (no one is old enough) I kind of secretly wished I could. The house was a mess, laundry is piled up and this tends to stress me out. By the time Rusty came home, I wasn't the patient Mom that I want to be. As he walked in the door I yelled, "The house is a MESS!!!" To which he replied in a cheery, who cares, it doesn't matter tone of voice, "GREAT!!" I immediately countered in my don't ruin my pity party with your good attitude tone, "NO, it's not GREAT!"
Last night when the kids were finally all asleep, Isaiah 58 was refreshing for me...if I break the yokes of wickedness and release those in captivity, if I spend myself on behalf of the hungry, homeless poor... the Lord will strengthen my frame. I will be like a well watered garden, called repairer of broken walls. Joshua is requiring a lot of my time energy and attention right now. It wasn't long ago that he was the hungry, homeless poor under the yoke. He's no longer an orphan, but he has broken walls that need to be repaired!! Praise the Lord that he has promised to strengthen my frame and make this dirt clod of a Mom a well watered garden!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Girlfriend, You're not alone! Your comment on my blog was inspired by the Lord....and I was getting ready to email you and tell you that you needed to post it on your blog! But you beat me to the punch...
I will be praying for all your family. I have been spending much time concerned about our 10 year old and his adjustment. He, too, has had issues.... he was BABY for a long time! I have been meaning to post about it, but most of the time just walk around THINKING about writing, or whining about wanting to write. :-)
Have a restful and enjoyable weekend!
Cindi
I'm sorry that the best things in life have to be such a struggle. You have a beautiful and inspiring attitude!
Don't you just hate it when those husbands try to diffuse that frustration by being so accepting?! Pat does that a lot for me. Sometimes I have to tell him that I feel like being upset, but by then my fire is spent. I'm glad you had a refilling moment. We'll pray for many more!
Thanks you for being so transparent. God will bless you for admitting we need Him to get through times of adjustment. I'll be praying for you.
I read an article this week as I was trying to juggle all these plates called life and found a quote from a very wise mom, "the days can be quite long, but the years how sweet are So short." I know having a senior that time has just flown by. I will pray for you diligently this week. Remember that dust on our furniture protects it and that dirty laundry will never go away, heheh
Love ya and miss ya.
Ronda
The real-er the better! Thanks for your honesty and your pouring out. Let's just say that I don't know anyone who could throw the first stone! Who among us hasn't had some terrible mommy/wife moments in the midst of frustrating days and wish we could have a do over? I love that at the end of your day, though, you turned to the Lord and found refreshment and encouragement...that's the kind of mom and wife your kids and Rusty need! Blessings in these days of adjustment...
Laura
HI Guys,
I am so glad to read you posts some days are harder than others especially for me when I don't get enough sleep! My pediatrician said to me on my visit - remember you have to rest too!! I said but there are so many 'other things" I need to get done! He reminded me those CAN wait but being a good parent today can't wait! So I decided what I would get done in all my spare moments is what I get done and if that is NOTHING then it is nothing. It can be unbearable at times to look around and see toys everywhere, laundry piling up in the basement, but I figure if I can get my kids to get thru their days without any Major Issues the other stuff CAN wait!! Praise the Lord we have our babies and we are all working out our kinks to get a settled home. We'll get there with the strength from above!!
Take care!
Pam
Post a Comment